CSFOA will again be holding a series of off-season meetings. The meetings will be in the lower level of the Trinity United Methodist Church 710 North 20th Street Colorado Springs 80904 (map). The off-season sessions will be on Wednesday evenings and begin at 6:30 PM and last about an hour. The dates are:
January 20 (Note – New Date)
The 2016 Varsity Eligibility and Play-off Requirements are still being finalized. At this time the requirements will be similar to last year. Dates for testing will be finalized in June/July. Keep checking the website for updates.
2016 Varsity Eligibility
- Paid CFOA & CSFOA dues by March 1st
- Attend the 2016 Master Clinic; (in person every other year)
- Pass rules test with 85%+
- Pass Physical Standards Test (PST)
- Member in Good Standing
2016 Testing Deadlines
- Veteran Rules Test TBD
- Physical Standards Test – By TBD
- Playoff Video Review Test – TBD
- Playoff Mechanics Test – TBD
2016 Playoff Eligibility
- Must have paid CFOA & CSFOA by March 1st
- Must pass CO/NFHS rules test w/85%
- Must apply for post season & select position by Sept 1st
- Must pass PST test
- Must pass Playoff Mechanics Test & Video Review
- Member in good standing
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience for play-offs; 5 years for semi-finals & finals
- Must have worked: minimum of X of varsity games; minimum of Y in their playoff position (per Arbiter)
- Must attend Z meetings X Association (including Master Clinic); Y Crew (includes 1 off-season or 1 New Officials meeting)
- Must be available entire post season (Fri and Sat)
- If an official turns back a game or is not available, he/she will not be eligible for further participation
- Will have 24 hours to accept or decline a playoff assignment
- Turn back of a game after availability was indicated will also result in disqualification for the post season next year
- For championship games, cannot have worked a championship in the previous 4 season
In 2016 there will be 9 crews in CSFOA. The Crew Chiefs are:
If you are a prospective first time official, that is looking to officiate football for the 2015 season, come join the CSFOA. The time as arrived to get started. The 2015 New Official Classes has just started.
If you are a transferring official, you do not need to attend the classes, but it is a great way to get up to speed on Colorado mechanics. Last season the state association published a Colorado specific mechanics manual, so try to attend those last 3 sessions.
Contact Dan Cronin through the form below to register and get started.
Please use the contact form on the website and you will be contacted with more information.
Congratulations to the CSFOA members who worked the 2014 2A State Championship game.
The 2015 Crew Chief Draft Order has been set.
If you have any crew photos or photos of officials and would like to see them on cosfoa.com, please email them to [email protected]
If possible, please include names and other relevant information.
CSFOA has been requesting all varsity game films officiated by CSFOA crews since Week 1 of the 2013 season. While the majority of games have been shared with us through Hudl, not all schools have exchanged their films. Games officiated by associations other than CSFOA are not normally requested.
When a game film is sent, it is filed and shared with the crew that officiated the game. If you officiated a game on a crew other than your own, the film will not automatically be shared with you. However, you may request the game by sending an email to webmaster(at)cosfoa.com
When requesting a game, please include the following information:
- Name of official the game will be shared with
- Date the game was played
- The names of both schools
- The crew that officiated the game (ie Fosdick Crew, Gray Crew)
If you are a CSFOA official and have not signed up for a Hudl account but would like one, please send an email to webmaster(at)cosfoa.com and a request will be sent to you.